Near Death Experiences : Parting Visions by Dr. Melvin Morse
Posted on 5th Aug 2014
Here are some of the near-death accounts Dr. Morse documented in his book Parting Visions (1) :
1. Chris - a 6-year old boy who got trapped in a car submerged in water, said that he went through a “noodle”like rainbow tunnel. First it was an animal heaven and then a human heaven. The young boy said a bee fed him with bread and honey in the animal heaven and then there was a castle in the human heaven. He was able to play the music he heard in heaven, 4 years after when he was already 10 years old, and a professor of music said that it was an advanced jazz piece difficult for a child to play.
2. Fifty-percent of the children cases Dr. Morse studied saw angels in their NDEs (near death experiences). One account was about a girl who had leukemia saw a little boy angel at the end of her bed, another was a 12-year old girl who attempted suicide saw a 7-foot man who told her that it was wrong to commit suicide and stayed with her until her operation was successful. One night, Dr. Frank Oski, a pediatrician, was pondering how to cure a patient of his with congenital defects. He has tried already but to his dismay, he did not succeeded. So he fell asleep and was awaken by a bright light and a woman with wings. She explained to the doctor why it is that children have to die. Öski said, this is what the angel said:
“... life is an endless cycle of improvements and that humans are not perfect yet. She said that most people have this secret revealed to them when they die, but that handicapped children often know this and endure their problems without complaining because they know that their burdens will pass. Some of these children, she said, have even been given the challenge of teaching the rest of us how to love. It stretches our humanity to love a child who is less than perfect, and that is an important lesson for us.”
3. Shared visions also occurred between Olga, a heart-transplant patient, and her daughter and son-in-law. Olga had an out-of-body experience (OBE) when the new heart that was going to be transplanted to her was malfunctioning. She went out to the operating room to attempt to communicate with her family, but to her failure, she couldn’t that’s why she went to the house of her daughter and son-in-law who she awaken and told that she’s ok and everything will be alright.
4. One story of a parting vision, was about two girls with cancer. They knew each other at Enarby Vancouver General Hospital, and then parted ways after. Sandra had a coma and when she woke up she said she saw Chrissy in a beautiful white light of heaven and told her that she shouldn’t be afraid because Chrissy was going to be there to help her. After a few days Sandra passed away and then later on they found out that Chrissy has passed away already even before Sandra left.
5. Different from the four previous accounts Dr. Morse documented was about a man who had an NDE when he got slashed by a broken bottle after attempting to rob a convenience store. What he saw was his soul was being pulled out of his body and then bursting into flames. Then he saw his friends who passed away in the streets anguishing in eternal pain. When he was younger he was a teenage gangster. After this NDE, he became a changed man and he even became a minister.
With this varying accounts made by several patients Dr. Morse had, we can conclude that indeed it is possible to experience the same when we die - to either go in the light or in the flames, depending on how we live our lives. Then again this is just an opinion and it is up for you to choose to believe or not.
(1) Morse, M. (1994). Parting Visions. New York: HarperCollinsPublishers